It is not unusual for clients and prospects to have questions about relocating and managing the move of an older loved one. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive:
When is it time for me or my aging parent to downsize?
• When home maintenance, yard work, and snow removal become too much to manage.
• When you find yourself living in only a few rooms of your home.
• When your home has stairs and other obstacles which have become difficult to navigate.
• When you need help with meals and other routine tasks.
How do I decide which living option is right?
As your Move Manager, we will help you choose your best option:
• A move to a smaller home or condominium with less responsibility and less maintenance.
• A move to a senior community or independent living facility where some meals are provided.
• A move to an assisted living facility where meals and personal assistance are provided.
What do I need to take to my new residence?
We can help you make these important decisions:
• Assess the new space and decide what possessions will fit in that space.
• Take only the furniture, clothing, and essentials to the new residence.
How do I arrange for the move and the set-up of my new residence?
As your Move Manager, we will help you with the following:
• Arrange for the move.
• Help sort and organize furnishings, clothing, and personal items.
• Unpack and help set up the new residence keeping safety and ease-of-movement measures in mind.
• Arrange for unwanted items to be delivered to charities (see more below)
Where will my unwanted possessions go?
Unwanted items can be donated to the following:
• Deliver unused food to food pantries
• Deliver unused clothing to shelters and charities, such as Goodwill and The Salvation Army
• Deliver unwanted towels and blankets to charities and animal shelters
• Arrange for Coalition for the Homeless or another charity to pick up wanted furniture
How do I sell my home in today’s market?
• We will help you prepare your home for sale by staging the home to showcase its best features. The objective is to create a great first impression for a potential buyer and to get top dollar for your home.
• We can also provide you with the correct pricing, based on current market data.